Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Some light at the end of the tunnel?

I saw my GP today.  Hopefully I got the medication mess straightened up.  Cross your fingers!

While I was there, doc asked if I would like to see a pain psychologist.  Never heard of that one.  She asked because I'm dealing with depression again.  I said I was willing to try anything.  I'm interested in exploring this avenue.  I have been feeling pretty bad about myself and life in general.  I just don't want to live anymore.  I don't want to miss out on a precious few things, like the birth of grandkids, but there isn't much else that I see as worth living like this.  Or not living, as the case is.

I asked to try Cymbalta for the fibro pain and fatigue.  I've been saying that I don't really have much pain from the fibro, but I wonder if it's more like I've had it for so long that I've just learned to deal with it.  Kinda like the migraines.  This blog is meant to help me (and you) to learn more about these issues and how they are affecting me (or you).  I was on Cymbalta before for depression and it made me eat like crazy!  I will have to have some things in place if it happens again.  Things like making sure I have some healthier options for snacking if I can't abstain.  I really can't afford to gain more weight, but I can't afford to keep feeling this way either.  How do you make a decision like that?  My weight makes me feel bad about myself.  So taking a medication that could make me gain weight doesn't make sense.  I'll be taking a medication to feel better about myself and it might make me do something that will make me feel worse about myself! Ay ay ay. 

It's been raining for the past couple days, so I was kinda sore for the better part of the day. My hands were getting sore, and that's not usual.  X-rays showed arthritis in my right hand, but not my left.  Both hands were sore, though.  I wonder if it's beginning in my left hand.

I've also been wondering about figuring out what is the fibro and what is the arthritis.  I'm not sure there is an answer for some things.  I can usually tell when it's a joint as opposed to muscle.  But sometimes, I'm not sure if it's joint or where the muscles and tendons attach to the joints.  Crazy.  I guess for the most part it doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment